Colour Experiment 1 - World Wide Fail


One of the most frustrating things about being a designer is colour differences in printing. Above are 2 print outs of the same digital file, the one on the left is from World Wide, the one on the right was printed on my home inkjet printer.

One I completed the test prints at home I was happy with the matte, soft and evenly toned colours produced, so I brought the file into World Wide to print it on a3. I was so shocked and disappointed with the results! The red is far too dark, the colours are mismatched and the background grey is murky and uneven. Why does digital printing suck?

In order to get the images the correct colour, I should have done a test print, and then adjusted the artworks to have less red and a lot lighter. But who ever has time to test print ?!

Worldwides printers also produced different colours each time they print as well, so it's very difficult for uni students to control the colour they want. Probably the most heard complaint when handing assignments in is "Argh the colours printed out so wrong!"